I hope you never ever get food poisoning, but if you do there are two fast natural remedies for relief from food poisoning that I swear by. Trust me, these powerful natural remedies kick food poisoning’s a** every single time. I know this because I’ve had food poisoning way too much in my life and without these two handy-dandy natural relief aids my symptoms would have been way worse and present for longer periods of time.
These Two Natural Remedies for Relief from Food Poisoning Might Already be In Your Home.
Organic apple cider vinegar and activated charcoal are the two natural relief remedies for food poisoning that have gotten me through the worst a number of times. If you are just starting to have symptoms of food poisoning it’s best to take these two natural food poisoning remedies fast.
Symptoms of food poisoning include:
Extreme stomach pains or cramps (for me they always start higher up in my stomach- that’s how I know it’s going to be a sh**ty day. Pun points!)
- Consistent vomiting
- Consistent diarrhea
- Watery diarrhea
What happens to your body during food poisoning?
Well if you have contracted food poisoning through rotten or improperly prepared food your body is jumping into action by doing everything in its power to remove and expel the bacteria from your body. While you will feel like death, it is best to make sure you get all of this bacteria out of your system. Lenght of food poisoning and symptoms can vary but Doctors of the internet agree if there is blood in your stool and symptoms last more than three days, get your butt to a Doctor.
If you are looking for instant or at least close to instant relief I have found that the natural route actually works the best and fastest.
Apple Cider Vinegar is a Fast Natural Remedy for Relief from Food Poisoning.
If you are living in 2018, you probably already have apple cider vinegar in your house. It’s a miracle product, we all know it. With food poisoning, apple cider vinegar does the following:
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar helps to kill and neutralize the bacteria in your system that is causing you to vomit uncontrollably and have diarrhea nonstop.
- Can rehydrate you (which is very important during food poisoning as dehydration is a serious risk) and replace any nutrients and vitamins that may have found their way out of your system and into the toilet.
- Is an antiseptic, antibiotic, contains nutrients and minerals that can help alleviate stomach pains, and stabilize your poor body.
The moment I realize I have food poisoning I run to the pantry and grab my trusted organic apple cider vinegar. It’s never let me down. The best way to take apple cider vinegar for food poisoning is as follows:
Pour 2-3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in 1/4-1/2 cup of water and drink.
This last go around of food poisoning from hummus nonetheless (!!!) knocked me out but within 20 minutes of drinking the apple cider vinegar, I had a major decrease in symptoms.
Activated Charcoal is Another Trusted Natural Remedy for Relief from Food Poisoning.
Taking activated charcoal and apple cider vinegar for food poisoning is a heroic duo for your system. If your sweet dog has ever found her way into chocolate and been taken to the emergency Vet, you already know that they will just give her $500 worth of Activated Charcoal to clean out her system. Thanks Nola:/
Activated Charcoal also has a number of uses. Read all about my charcoal water filter here. I’m obviously a fan, but when it comes to food poisoning relief it really takes the cake. Activated Charcoal is great for food poisoning for the following reasons:
- Starts working as soon as it meets those harmful toxins.
- Absorbs toxins and harmful bacteria while preventing them from spreading elsewhere in your body.
- Binds with the harmful toxins and bacteria until your body expels them. See you on the other side bacteria!
How to take activated charcoal for food poisoning:
Read the label on your activated charcoal pills bottles, it’s usually 2 capsules. If you have a powder form you can add it to your apple cider vinegar and water drink. Make sure you read the label for your powder as well.
A few things to remember during and after food poisoning to make sure you are giving your body the best chance to stabilize and stay safe:
- Drink a lot of water (with minerals).
- Drink coconut water if you can’t do water.
- Do not try and prevent your vomitting or diarrea- your body is doing the right thing. The bacteria and toxins MUST vacate your system!
- Make your first meal after food poisoning light. Eat light stews or soups.
- Rest, rest, rest. Sleep it off, lay in bed, watch reruns of Law & Order.
- Clean all surfaces you touched.
- Go through your food and check expiration dates.
- If you can identify the food culprit, throw it out and clean whatever shelf it was on in your fridge.
- Don’t go straight for coffee, caffeine, or tea- you are still working on rehyrdating your body.
Food poisoning is literally barf city; it’s the worst. I hope we all never get it again but it happens. At least now you know the best fast natural remedies for relief from food poisoning and can keep them in stock at home, if ever.
For more natural remedy know how: