The Spring Equinox is a time for new energy, rebalancing of the accumulated, and shedding the old. As nature adjusts to its rising temperatures, our bodies start to unveil our energetic displacements. With the Spring Equinox representing day and night; a poignant reminder of balance, Easter symbolizes the reflection of your deepest self and unfolding of a new you.
This year, the Spring Equinox and Easter will lead you to the best part of yourself.
While most of us are hoping for summer-like temperatures, Spring must come first. The Spring Equinox takes place, today Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 and brings with it, the first of Spring!
Anyone born around these spring months will surely feel the power of this “new” year much like nature feels the birth of it’s most beautiful aesthetic. After the winter months of hibernating, we are all ready to crawl out of our energetic caves and walk into the light!
What Does the Spring Equinox Mean?
As the earth cycles around the sun, the equinox solidifies the balance of both dark and light. During this day, day and night are of equal length. This is a great time to meditate or reflect on the aspects of your personality you have kept in the shadows and the aspects that rule the light.
The Spring Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere allows the days to be longer as it propels us into Easter, a time of blooming and energy strengthening. As nature has seasons, so do you and this is the season of removing our old energetic skin so a new spirit can emerge.
*The Spring Equinox brings about powerful energy already, but combined with the predictions of the Chinese New Year, this is going to be a year to remember!
Qualities of the Spring Equinox
During this time you may notice certain, behaviors, thoughts, or personality aspects coming to light in an attempt to balance themselves. The time between the Equinox and Easter is a time of transition and balancing.
The transition represents a carriage of energies from one period to the next while the balance represents the entirety of truth. Some qualities to look out for during this time include:
- The increase of transitions in your life. This can mean transition of a current job, romantic relationships, friendships, or a passion.
- Personality clashing with friends, peers, or siblings. What once may have seemed like a solid relationship will now shift in order to balance previously skewed energies. Take care in remembering this is also temporary:)
- New projects coming into your life. New opportunities may present themselves to bring the best parts of you to the forefront. This a time to devote a little more energy to a personal project or side hustle you’ve been dreaming about.
- A new direction or path will be revealed. This is the beginning of the new energies you cultivated and stored all winter; now is the time to plant them and watch them grow.
This is a great time to welcome good and bad, feminine and masculine energies as they will be looking to re-balance what may have been off-kilter from the year before. The Spring Equinox is a time for grounding your mind, health, and desires.
Creativity is buzzing all around you and the universe is waiting to see what you will manifest!
How the Spring Equinox Sets Us Up for Easter Rejuvenation.
While we have begun rebalancing our energies, a new version of us is in the works. We may be welcoming back old powerful qualities or we may have begun the release of thoughts that no longer feel new.
Like those who go on holiday to rebalance and rejuvenate, the Equinox has done this for you already. Going into Easter you will feel more ready to tackle certain projects or behaviors but you will also carry the relaxation and clarity this “vacation” has given you.
Don’t be in a rush to change your whole life, as nature is rearranging everything for your best interest. You have already planted your energetic seeds.
If we use the symbolism of the Easter egg we are able to appreciate the concept of rebirth and renewal. Before the rebirth of a new you, you must allow for inner retreat in order to finalize your growth.
Easter Reminds Us How Far We Have Come.
As the flowers reveal themselves we take stock of the frozen ground they pushed through to bloom. We remember that their seeds sat frozen and immobile below a hard ground, with virtually no sun upon them. All of us, the flowers and creatures have lasted through the winter, sometimes the winter of ourselves, and survived. We have remained beautiful, more so than ever and are ready to thrive.
Allow the beautiful light of the Spring Equinox to shine onto the best parts of yourself. This Easter will surely bring about a new you, one that is full of vitality, peace, and opportunity.
3 Ways to Celebrate this Year’s Spring Equinox.
Does anyone ever really need a REASON to celebrate? Especially after winter, we are all more than ready to celebrate a more balanced temperature, outlook, and wardrobe. Here are some fun, easy tips to add a little spring to today.
There has never been a better time for gratitude.
- Give thanks for the people in your life.
- Appreciate the place you call home.
- Praise those around you.
- If you see something good, speak it and make it known.
Create a new habit.
‘Tis the season of newness and creation. Why not create a new habit, you’ll have another opportunity to shed it next year!?
- Start a reflection/meditation morning practice.
- Spend an hour each day with learning something new.
- Plan to have a conversation with one stranger every week.
Plant a seed.
- This can be literally or figurative!
- Map out a new idea, business plan, or dream.
- Start daydreaming about an adventure that excites you.
- Plant a flower or vegetable at home. Soil and water it. Watch it grow. It will remind you that all things have their own timing.
However you experience the Spring Equinox today, enjoy yourself. We made it through winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!